Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Are you a manager or a leader?


Are you a manager or a leader? 

  Managers focus on work details, like money, time, paperwork, materials, equipment, etc.
  • Planning
  • Organizing
  • Controlling
  • Coordinating
  • Directing
  • Resource use
  • Time management
  • Budgeting, balancing the budget,
  • Strategic planning
  • Decision Maker
  • Problem Solving
 
Leader’s focus more on:
  • Vision
  • Inspiring
  • Persuasive
  • Motivating
  • Creating great Relationships
  • Team work
  • Listening
  • Counseling
  • Coaching
  • Teaching
  • Mentoring
 
I believe we can learn a lot about how to run a family from companies and this is a great example.  We parents need to be leaders.  This goes right in line with my belief that parents need to be like coaches (and cheerleaders!)  I see coaches as doing all of the things on the right.  Two of my favorite coaches are John Wooden and Tony Dungy. Coach John Wooden was named The Greatest Coach Ever by Sporting News and Coach of the Century by ESPN.   His autobiography, My Personal Best is one of my favorite books.  Tony Dungy's leadership style is admired by players and coaches throughout the NFL and can be found in his book: The Mentor Leader another one of my favorites.



SHARING IS CARING


No comments: