Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I need a "melted heart" emoticon...



Thought I'd share a journal entry of mine written in July 2011. Matthew was 18 and dating a girl called Vanessa.  


"I'm still thinking about how nice it was to take a walk with Matthew.  He said so many amazing things.

He said he shared a poem with Vanessa, but that she just came out and said she didn't like it -  that she liked more complex poems....so he shared a more complex poem with her and her response was "yeah...that's more like it".

He said he learned it was not wise to share all of your inner-most thoughts with people you are just dating....he said it might conflict with the perception they have of you and that they don't have the benefit of fully knowing where you are coming from.  I asked so is that kind of watching me be "nice" to someone you've heard me say I don't like.  He was very kind....he said, "well, it's different, with you mom, cuz we respect you so much, we know where you're coming from:"....melted heart...

He also said that when he shared his insights/wisdom with her, she often said nothing and that it left him feeling dumb.  He then added, "mom, you spoiled me!"  cuz when he says something insightful and wise I get super excited....I told him he needs to find his one fan!    I can't help being totally blown away by their insights....like these!

He also said that it's not what someone has accomplished, it's their integrity that we're looking for...when looking at someone for a relationship."


By the way, I use http://ohlife.com/


SHARING IS CARING

No comments: