Saturday, July 21, 2012

"we're having sex".....WHAT?!!!!


A young mom with her 6 year old came in and sat down at the computer next to me while at Fedex this morning.  What I heard brought back a memory I’d like to share.  Her 6 year old son was clearly bored and was trying to “be good”.  The mother was using her calm exasperated voice with him.  He was trying to tell her something and she was not listening.   He then said something about spitballs.  The funny thing was that after a little while he asked, “what are spitballs?”
Andrew must have been around 5.  Andrew and Matthew shared a bedroom; their bedroom was just big enough for two twin beds to fit separated by a small side table.  Jacob, his cousin was over and they were playing when I noticed the “quietness”.  That moment when you realize you hear nothing.  I went to see what they were doing.  The were clearly startled which caused me concern, but I gingerly asked, “so what are you guys playing?”  “oh nothing...”, said Andrew as they squirmed and giggled.  “oh, come on…tell me!” I said.  “no….”, Andrew said with a shy laugh and nervously looked at each other.  After begging for them to tell me, Andrew finally said, “let’s tell her…”.  “ok, tell me”, I said.  “ok, but promise you won’t get mad”.  {Geez! Just tell me already!}  “ok,……………………..we were having sex”, he said.  WHAT!!! I wanted to scream!!  But instead, I said in a very calm and non chalant voice, “oh?.......and how were you doing it?”, I asked.  “well, first we took off our clothes..then he got in Matthew’s bed and I got in my bed and then we wiggled all around” he said as he proceeded to show me how they wriggled all around.

Boy was I glad I controlled myself and asked how!

SHARING IS CARING

No comments: